Sunday, December 17, 2006

I AM WHO I AM


Hi there! You may notice I have changed my profile picture. That's because a friend suggested I put up a picture which more closely matched what I am and what I look like. My other picture was deceiving. It was taken when I was younger. (I won't tell how much.) So in order to present a more truthful persona: "HEEEERRE'S SelahV!"

I have a dear friend who just had a facelift. Everyone's saying she looks wonderful. Not fair. I'm younger than her. Now she looks younger than me! LOL. So, since I can't afford a facelift, I decided on a nose-job! What say ye?

FOLLOW UP: I didn't get exactly what I wanted for Christmas the other day. But, my husband didn't have to dig a hole for a mailbox either. He bought one of those new-fangled jobs you pound in the ground and insert the post. KEWL thing! Love the advancement of man. And the good news is that I get to hint for another 6 days. Yep; he shops on Christmas Eve. Cracks me up. That's a man-thing! Well, not really. I think it is a gene-thing. Cause my daughter does that, too. She got it from her dad.

All this brings me back to the title of my blog today. "I AM WHO I AM." That is all I can be. God made me the way I am. Sorta. He wants me to reflect him in all I do and say. And this goofy face is not to be construed as a reflection of God in any way shape or form. But it does tell us that He loves us just as we are. And He will change us into the likeness of His Son...in His time, as He sees fit, the way He sees fit. And for now, He thinks I'm a hoot! [copyrighted, selahV, 2006]


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHhhhhhh, I see the difference. You wear glasses too, huh?!?

Luke

SelahV said...

luke...not always. Most times I can't find them. I can walk around blind all day till finally the Lord shows me where things are and BAM! I see clearly, then! selahv

posttinebraelux said...

Selah,
I think I'd have another visit with whoever did the nosejob.......

:)

PTL